We are two weekends into October and Fall has finally arrived. I'm hoping we will get some sun back for a bit before the clouds and rain take over for the next few months though. We are doing our official 'Fall is here' activities next weekend and I couldn't be more excited. The Adams' will be hitting up the corn maze and pumpkin patch with my good friend, Lindsay, and her sweet little family. It'll be Miss Shelby Ray's first experience with it all so I'm going to take lots of pictures!
This past weekend ended up being a lot more relaxed than I had expected it to be. I had lots planned but they didn't end up happening because of my fat, swollen feet and tired body.
Saturday morning I did get up and meet my friend for pedicures, that was much needed! At times the massaging actually hurt though because there is so much water in my feet. After that we had lunch and I headed home skipping my trip to the Vintage Market at the Fairgrounds which I am very disappointed about. Oh well! There is always next year.
While I was gone my brother in law came over to help Brad bring the dresser we'll be using for Nash up from the basement. Funny thing; you know you're a furniture hoarder when your Husband has to call and ask WHICH dresser you want brought up! I got a little laugh out of that one although I doubt he did :)
When I got home we headed out to my BIL's auto shop he works at to check out a car. He works at a Subaru fixer place where his boss buys Subarus and fixes them up to sell on the side. They have a 99 Forester in great working condition that has more body damage than he feels like fixing so we might have the option of buying it. We both really liked the car and are crossing our fingers he'll give it to us for a price we can afford. We will have to replace the windshield right away and over time fix the body damage, but lucky for us Husband works at an auto shop also and paints cars and can do that on the side.
And all the while we were doing all this fun stuff Parker had spent the night with her Grandma Trudy (Brad's Mom) and hung out with her for Saturday morning and afternoon. They hit up a craft fair and Molbak's to see all the Fall decorations. Trudy dropped her off with us at the shop and we then took her and dropped her off with my Dad. We were so lucky to get quite a bit of time off this weekend, which I especially appreciate at this time since I am just so exhausted and not really in the mood to entertain a 10-year-old. And trust me! Parker usually needs quite a bit of entertaining, she's not good at doing things on her own for some reason.
Sunday morning I woke up around 8:30 and couldn't sleep anymore so I snuck out and went grocery shopping and picked up a nighstand I found on Craigslist. After that we met Parker and my Dad and went to Parker's Soccer game. We were expecting rain but it held off to just sprinkles for most of the time. I think the girls need a bit of motivation as they seem tired when they play. So once again they look dragging on the field and by 15 minutes into the second half I was kind of over the game. I feel so horrible that I get this way, but it's hard watching my daughter play on a team where half the girls don't even look like they want to be playing. Parker really loves Soccer and usually works so hard, but once the game is over and they've lost she looks so defeated. I feel awful for her. Hopefully as the years go by our Soccer experience will get better.
After her game we came home and watched the Seahawks BEAT the Patriots!! It was awesome!!! Then I took the hardware off Nash's dresser to get cleaned and Parker and I cleaned it up with wood cleaner. I've decided I'm not gonna paint it quite yet, need to live with a while to decide what color(s) to do and whatnot. Then I took an evening bath and we had a relaxing rest of the evening before heading to bed just a bit early.
Next weekend won't be as relaxing. We've got the corn maze and some other things with friends plus we really need to get cracking on getting Nash's room set up for him. He'll be arriving in a couple of weeks and I want to make sure everything is just perfect for him.
Time flies when you're having fun or are just plain busy!
UPDATE 10/17/12: I just looked this over and realized I have no idea what the meaning of RELAXING actually is. Saturday alone now sounds absolutely exhausting. Can you tell I need to learn how to rest for goodness sakes?!
No comments:
Post a Comment