Sunday, September 9, 2012

28 week appointment update

A lot happened at my 28 week appointment last week. The two big things were I got my Rhogam shot, since I have A negative blood, and did my Glucose testing. My mom had me all nervous that I was not going to pass my Glucose test since I'm quite the sugar fiend. But I passed and am so happy!!
I have been avoiding the discussion of not wanting Nash's cord cut right away but I brought it up finally. Most doctors and hospitals will almost immediately clamp and have the cord cut, even if the delivery was perfectly normal. My midwife assured me that as long as everything is normal he will go straight to my chest and his cord will not be cut for at least 10 minutes. This makes me so happy because I know he will be get the remaining nutrients left in the cord and that means a lot to me. I have more different things to bring up but in time :)
We are now on every two week appointments. Helps with knowing that in just a few short months Nash will be here with us because honestly I'm getting a bit antsy. It will be over before I know it though!

No comments: