Friday, August 17, 2012

The heat makes me happy, happy, happy!

The past couple of days have been pretty dang hot here in the Northwest. I'm talking record breaking hot! I think yesterday it actually got to above 100* where I live. While most people are suffering due to the lack of fans, air conditioners and pools, I am happy, happy, happy!! I get a lot of "I bet your dieing in this heat huh?" since i'm 6 1/2 months pregnant and all, but my response is always "No, I am loving it!".
Lots of people complain that their houses are hot and they're having trouble sleeping but we've gotten pretty good at keeping our house cool and it's totally bearable. While Brad's been complaining a bit, mostly because he works in a hot, hot building all day and his body keeps all that heat in for the rest of the evening, I am still sleeping with all my blankets on. Haha, maybe I was designed to live in a hotter climate than western Washington ;)
I am loving my drive home. My car doesn't have AC, even if it did I wouldn't use it, so I just roll all the windows down and enjoy the heat soaking in. Yesterday driving home I only saw a few others driving with their windows down, everyone else probably had the AC blaring. 
Boys & Girls Club usually gets the kids outside quite a bit so Parker went to a lake yesterday and today they're having a slip n slide day (I totally remember those from when I was kid!). Parker tans quite well so this summer she's gotten quite a bit of color and her hair is getting super blonde, the tips are even turning white! I told her about when I was younger how I'd use 'Sun In' or lemon juice to make my hair lighter. She thought that was pretty funny.
This evening I'm hoping we'll get some fish and chips, which I've been craving for weeks now, at the Seafood Grotto downtown. They have an outdoor area for seating and usually have live music. Then maybe a walk on the river? Sounds like a good night to me!!
Hopefully this weekend I'll get to enjoy some of this heat during the day outside. Here's to hoping!!


No comments: