Monday, June 18, 2012

Officially Uncomfortable at 17 weeks

Yup, it's official, I am pregnant. I am not longer comfortable in my regular clothes and I can't sleep well. The past couple of nights have been rough. I wake up a lot and toss and turn. I tried sleeping on my back, can't do that, too much weight on my tummy. I attempted to sleep on my belly because that's my favorite position and I felt like I had a bowling ball underneath me and as if I was suffocating shim cheesecake (two of the names Parker calls the baby; shim for she=him, and I have no idea on the cheesecake). And sleeping on either side doesn't work either, even with a pillow between my legs. Oh and I wake up with horrible back pain. Oy.


The clothes is a whole nother story. I wear a Medium in maternity clothes and apparently every other pregnant woman on the planet is a Medium as well so I'm not having a lot of luck finding the size I need. I have been to several stores and each of their maternity sections is teeny tiny, about 4 to 5 racks, while the plus size section (which is right next to it) is ginormous. Come on! My other problem is that my belly is not ready for the full belly covering band, I just need the small elastic band and I can only find the small band on pants like capris and whatnot. Well that would fine if it wasn't currently FALL in Washington. It's not really Fall but if you look out a window right now you'll see wet ground, dark clouds and overcast and a bit of wind, definitely not June weather. I just want some jeans with a small elastic band. So I have to result to ordering online from Motherhood Maternity which is a bit out of my price range. 


I have a lot to be thankful for as well. I don't want to end this post with me whining ;) I am 17 weeks and can still button my pants, which I've heard is pretty good for a second pregnancy since you grow faster. I haven't thrown up once. I had tons of nausea but no throwing up, which is a huge improvement from being pregnant with Parker. Plus I haven't been extremely hormonal. I have heard and read these horror stories of women turning into crazy people who scream at their families all the time and while I have lost my cool a few times, I don't do that on a constant basis. 


Let's just hope I can find some pants, get a bit better rest and we can continue with this pretty smooth pregnancy.

No comments: