I think I am going to start posting weekly pregnancy updates now that my body is starting to do more than just be exhausted. It's been 10 years since I was pregnant with Parker and I was so young that I really don't remember that much so I want to be able to remember about this pregnancy.
Things are moving along smoothly it seems, really the only thing I can complain about are the headaches which are quite debilitating at times. They sometimes get so bad that I feel like I need to throw up or actually do throw up. I try everything I possibly can (bath, massage, lots of water, etc.) to get rid of them before taking tylenol, usually I just end up taking tylenol because the pain is just so bad.
I had an awful one this week. Well I still have it now, going on almost 40 hours. It started Wednesday night so I took a bath and then Husband gave me a neck massage. Seemed to help a bit but it didn't go away. I have a feeling it'll be gone by tonight though. Fingers crossed.
My belly is finally starting to look like there's a baby inside, not just like I've gained some weight. I can still fit into my pants, they button, but they are incredibly uncomfortably for the most part. I have bought a pair of maternity jeans and capris and they are absolutely my saving grace because they are so comfortable!
We've been taking weekly pictures ever since 10 weeks and it it just so cool to finally see a change happening. For a while there there wasn't much action in the belly part but we could see my butt slowly getting bigger and bigger, but now there is a bump that is getting bigger and bigger too. Very cool!!
I think the most exciting thing that's happening so far is that I am starting to feel movement or flutterings in my belly. It's such a strange feeling, it feels kind of like butterflies but like dancing butterflies! Yesterday "shim" was moving around quite a bit. I was sitting down, kind of reclined, and just felt all this amazingness going on in my belly, it was surreal. I really can't wait until Brad and Parker can feel it moving around. Brad says he's excited to see body parts start sticking out of my belly so he can take pictures. I did tell him it'd be a while till that happened considering the baby is only about 5 inches and 5 ounces right now.
With Parker I don't really remember craving anything weird and the same goes for this pregnancy. I have cravings but it's for totally normal things and their not like CRAVING CRAVINGS where I have to have that food item RIGHT NOW, just where I long for the food and when I have a chance I make it happen. Although I did have Brad run to the store the other night at 8PM for chocholate chip cookies. In my defense, he brought it up and oh my goodness what a good idea they were!! Haha. BBQ chicken, Pho and bagels are usually what I think about and have been eating lately. I'm eating an everything bagel with lots of cream cheese as I type this actually. So delicious!
And last thing to report is, I've signed up for a Prenatal Yoga class starting July 11th. I am really excited but really nervous at the same time. It's a small, intimate class so I think it'll be good for me.
Until next week ;)
1 comment:
What an exciting time! The second trimester was so fun. Can't wait to see more. So happy to have just discovered your blog!
Kacie
http://www.acollectionofpassions.com/
Post a Comment