Ok. So I live in a trailer, next to some woods, I shouldn't complain about racoons running around. But when there are racoons hanging out on your porch, like you invited them to a party, anywhere from 6PM-7AM then there's a problem.
That problem is my boyfriend not knowing that taking the trash out is a MAN'S job! Not to be sexist in any way, but there are some jobs that in typical relationships belong to a man and some that belong to the woman. I cook. He takes out the trash. Seems reasonable enough to me. Well, my boyfriend seems to be either lazy or resenting me for telling him trash is a man's job because it doesn't get done when it should. I even help him out by taking the garbage out of the kitchen or bathroom and put it on the porch. Then all he has to do from there is take it to the garage (that is until theres a few bags in there and then the next step comes in: the dump. Which he doesn't seem to get the concept of either).
Monday night I put a bag of garbage on the front porch hoping it would then be delivered to it's rightful place in the garage. Boyfriend saw the garbage a couple times in passing and smoking cigarettes out on the porch, yet it never dawned on him to move the garbage. The next morning there was garbage and food scraps on the porch. 'Damn raccoons' my boyfriend says, 'wish I had seen them and had my bee-bee gun out'. He thinks that if he shoots the raccoons enough with his bee-bee gun that they won't come back (I will give him that it worked for about a week, but then again I had also removed all the garbage from the porch and put it into the garage so they really had no reason to come back).
Tuesday evening the garbage is not only still on the porch, but scattered all over. He still does not move it.
Wednesday evening he tells me how the raccoons came for a snack around 10PM Tuesday night and were out there at 6:30AM when he left for work. That morning he ran out the door to scare them and one ran up a tree, so he crept back into the bedroom while I was asleep, grabs his bee-bee gun again and runs outside to try and shoot them. Unfortanetly he couldn't find it. So sad for him.
I don't know how many times I have explained to him that if he doesn't want the raccoons visiting us then he should simply walk the 20 feet to the garage and put the garbage away.
It is now Thursday and the garbage is still scattered all over my front porch making me look even more white trashy living in my single-wide trailer. Excellent.
No comments:
Post a Comment