Friday, January 9, 2009

1-9-09♥ Probiotics


Probiotics. Noun. Dietary supplements and live microorganisms containing potentially beneficial bacteria or yeasts. A few potential benefits of probiotics are prevention of colon cancer, managing lactose intolerance, lowering cholestrol and blood pressure, improving immune function and preventing infections, assisting with antibiotic-associated diarrhea and preventing harmful bacteria growth under stress.

They also help your digestive system aka they help you to poop ;)
<---That is an example of one of our products.

This is what I work with every day. The defining of probiotics can be quite confusing to most people so when people ask me what I do I say "I'm an accounting assistant for a company that helps your poop". Haha!

Well, the point of this blog is not to talk about poop, but to talk about the yummy flavors the scientists here are working on putting into the chewable probiotic tablets (which are good to give to children, I give them to my daughter every day. She says "I'm ready for my poop pill!").
The other day there were 5 flavors for us to test and give our opinions on. I tasted vanilla, blueberry, tangerine, orange creamsicle and grape. Surprisingly the tangerine was the best tasting one.
Today we are having another taste test! One of the blending guys (they blend the probiotic powder together) brought the box with the flavors by my desk and it resulted in an amazing aroma that lingered by "my office" for a good 10 minutes. Delicious! I can't wait to try them!

1 comment:

Jen said...

No, it is just straight stomach acid because the lining in my stomach disappeared due to stress. It is just temporary to take until the lining builds back up.