Monday, May 14, 2012

End of April/Beginning of May Catch Up

Oh wow! Life has been crazy lately. It probably hasn't helped that this pregnancy makes me literally exhausted all. the. time. I do my best to keep truckin' on though!

A couple weeks ago, on the 25th, Miss Parker turned into a double digit girl! The big 1-0! There has been lots of celebrating for her! On her actual birthday night our little family had a dinner at home. She requested cheese tortellini so we had that with fresh green beans and garlic bread. It was enjoyed all around!
For dessert we had Angel Food Cake with Lemon Frosting, Strawberries and Vanilla IceCream! It was delicious!
 Parker is an interesting little girl and asked for the funniest things for her birthday. One of them was fun duck tape so her Dad went and got her three rolls. She was so happy about them!!
The Saturday after her real birthday we did a family birthday party over at my parents house. My sister took all the pictures on her camera, which I don't have yet, so the only pictures I have from that day are of the cake I made for her. I worked on it for hours on Friday night and was so proud of it once we cut into it and I saw that my hard work came out as planned! It was so exciting! And it was delicious too!
Shortly after the party I had to run out the door because one of my very good friends was in labor, after being a week late! I spent the rest of the afternoon and into the night there with her, her boyfriend and her Mom. Once it got time for baby to come out I ended up getting to stay in the room. It was the most amazing experience ever seeing little Jaden be born! I feel so blessed to have shared the moment with everyone. And he came out completely adorable!
The next day I took Parker to the hospital with me so she could meet him. It was love at first sight, Parker did not want to put him down! It was hard for me to even get a chance at holding him ;)





May 1st was Brad and I's Five Year Anniversary of dating. The date isn't even right, but we lost track of what was going on in the beginning of our dating relationship since it was such a whirlwind and just picked a day. Since we just got married I wasn't expecting anything, I was just waiting for our First Wedding Anniversary to roll around, but Brad surprised me with flowers when I got home that day. That's not really like him so it was really special to me.

Saturday we had another Birthday Party for Parker, this one was for her friends. Unfortunately only one girl showed up so it turned into a glorified play date, but that seemed to be OK with her. I am just thankful that the one little girl did show up, Parker would have been heartbroken had no one shown up. They had a picnic on the front lawn, decorated flower pots and then planted the pretty flowers Parker picked out. They each were able to do two so that was special also.






Yesterday was Mother's Day and sadly I have no pictures from it. But it was a good day. My Mom and I went thrifting for the afternoon and then came home and had a BBQ with the family at my house.

And to end this, a few more cute pictures :)



No comments: