Thursday, March 1, 2012

March Photo A Day - UP

Today is the first day of the March Photo A Day Challenge!! The word for the day is UP. When I went to my parents house for lunch I decided to take a picture looking UP at their beautiful house.
My parents live in a neighborhood surrounded by cookie cutter houses all built by the same builder so many of them look alike but are just turned in a different direction and are painted a different color, except my parents house. My Dad is a Mason and my mother likes the idea of designing houses and together they built our first house, the house I grew up in. Years back, before the real estate industry completely crashed, my parents decided the build another house to sell but then were unable to sell it and had to eventually move into it leaving behind our beloved home. Fortunately the house that they built (a spec house completely altered by my parents) is amazing. It's a bit modern and massive for my taste, but the design that went into it is impeccable. My parents did a good job. All the stone on the outside, as seen in the picture, and in the inside was done by my Dad and his employees. They're pretty awesome if you ask me and do incredibly work.

I should probably get back to work...

#marchphotoaday

No comments: