To be completely honest, I am kind of intimidated by the idea of a Bachleorette party. Ridiculous thing #1 about Bachleorette parties: the whole idea behind it seems silly, the idea of it being the "last night out with the girls". In my mind getting married isn't the end of your life. You still get to go out and have fun with your girls when you want to and you still get to enjoy yourself so why do people stress the thought of a bachleor/bachleorette party being your "D-day"? My idea of a great pre-wedding party is one with my husband-to-be and ALL of our friends together celebrating this amazing journey we are about the embark on together, not all this "last night" crap.
Regardless of how I feel about it, I have been invited to my very first one. The party is for my lovely friend, Courtney, who is getting hitched at the end of August. Her maid of honor and bridesmaid are throwing this bash for her, which brings me to ridiculous thing #2: these girls cannot stand me for some reason. I'm not exactly sure why, they just have some issue with me and are quite public with it. But oh well! I will go and and keep my mouth shut and enjoy this night for my friend.
The party is going to start out at a downtown hotel where there will be a passion party (for sex toys and goodies), drinks, gifts and games. Now for ridiculous (and also intimidating) thing #3: there will be a male stripper. I have no problem or distaste for nudity, but I have never been to a male strip club (once I went to a girl strip club when I was freshly 18) or seen a male stripper remove his clothes and dance his naked body around a room of girls. I'm not really sure why this is even "protocol" for a bachleorette party and I definetly won't be having a male stripper when I get married; I have a sexy boyfriend at home that will dance for me if I so desire. But ya know what?! It's an experience and I will do my best to enjoy it.
Last ridiculous thing, #4: the amount of money you have to spend on the future bride (and groom) once the wedding is all said and done. I understand that someone needs to pay for the bachleorette party, but I always thought that was the duty of the bridal party. Guess not. They are renting a suite and if I choose to stay there I would throw down some money for the room. There is a requirement of all girls attending to pay $15 towards the stripper, but I get a lap dance out of that (even though that kind of freaks me out...). I must also bring a drink or shot for everyone to enjoy while we cheers Courtney and share fun stories about her past (this will be difficult for me because I have only know her for about 2 years) and a naughty present for the future bride (which I would have done anyways). On top of all the expenses I have already listed I will also need money to go out to the bars and clubs and I am going to need to buy a new top because it has been requested that we all wear black. I already have a sexy, shiny, black pencil skirt so that's good. Then aside from the bachleorette party I must also buy a present for the bridal shower and a wedding present. It's gonna break my bank just to see my friends get married. I fully understand all the money and effort the bride and groom are putting into there nuptuals, but *ahem* there the ones who chose to get married, not me.
I probably sound incredibly ridiculous, petty and selfish right now. Oh well. These are my thoughts on bachelorette parties since now that I am around the marrying age, I will probably be attending a few of these in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment